Ellamaa power station
Ellamaa power station has been designed by the architect Aleksandr Wladovsky. The construction works started at the end of September 1922 and in May 1923, the station was already producing energy for starting the machinery of peat industry. The boilers of the station were heated with local fuel peat. In the post-war period (1944–1950), Ellamaa power station had an important role in providing Estonia with electricity. The station terminated its activities on 1 May 1966. Ellamaa power station has been declared an architectural monument with a regulation of the Minister of Culture.
Ellamaa power station is located in the Turba borough and currently the MOMU Motorsports Museum is located there with the MOMU Garden in the museum’s yard.