Monument to the Estonian translation of the Bible

Monument to the Estonian translation of the Bible

"250 years have passed since the Bible was first translated into Estonian. This was accomplished by Anton Thor Helle who was a pastor at the Jüri church between 1713-1748. Remembering in gratitude the Bible and God's protection and grace, Jüri Congregation of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church and the people of Estonia." These words have been carved into the granite of the monument with an extra-thick bronze bible which has been standing in the churchyard of Jüri church since 1989. Good to know: The graves in the Jüri churchyard have many crosses with a characteristic shape made of relatively thin limestone dating back to the 19th century, a diverse selection of rustic iron crosses including roofed crosses (similar to wayside crosses) and Norse crosses which date back centuries (1685).
pho 6048387
fax 6048474
e-mail juri@eelk.ee
address Kiriku tänav, Rae vald

Gallery

Mälestusmärk eestikeelsele Piiblile
Mälestusmärk eestikeelsele Piiblile
Mälestusmärk eestikeelsele Piiblile
Mälestusmärk eestikeelsele Piiblile

visitharju.com

    Sirge 2 10618
    Tallinn

Kontakt


    info@visitharju.com

Jälgi meid

Partners